Subject: wierdness happening
From: cjtsui <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 10:34:13 -0800

hi all, I brought this up at the last Chicago Lightwave meeting, hope 
someone has a solution:

I'm making a steam animation using fractal noise on a morphed cylinder. 
 I saved the scene (there were some other objects in the scene) and did 
a load from scene to bring the objects into another scene.

In the original scene, the steam rose continuosly throughout the 30 
frame scene.

The new scene is 60 frames long and the steam seems to peter out around 
frame 55.  There is no reason why this happens unless I've stumbled into 
a wierd feature or something.  Does loading an object from scene affect 
things like texture velocity?

btw, the steam effect was done with fractal noise on texture color, 
luminosity, and transparency.

thanx for any help, I bow down to you LW gurus :)
later
Josh Tsui